Credit Hour Definition

  1. A credit hour shall be the equivalent of one (1) hour of classroom or direct faculty instruction and a minimum of two (2) hours of out-of-class student work each week for 15 or 16 weeks.
  2. A credit hour shall be allocated based on the following:

Transfer Policies

Transfer of Credit

Students may be admitted to programs with advanced standing if they have taken appropriate college courses at another accredited institution or System College and earned a “C” or higher. Courses successfully completed prior to admission will be considered for transfer. It is the student’s responsibility to furnish the following: (1) transfer request form, (2) official transcript, and (3) copy of the course description. The Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA), Department Chair, Program Coordinator or designee will evaluate each course and grade and determine if the credits should transfer. The student will receive a list of courses accepted for transfer. Any current students seeking to take a course at another college and wishing to apply that course to their degree must submit a transfer credit authorization form to the VPAA for approval. Without this written approval prior to enrollment in the course, the College does not guarantee acceptance of this course as transfer credit. Grades of courses transferred are not included in the GPA or CGPA. Approved Credits earned at another institution will be added to the total credits accumulated for graduation.

NH Transfer Connections

The NH Transfer Connections Program is designed to inform students about transfer opportunities from ϲվ to participating four-year colleges and universities. Students participating in this program will benefit from an easy transfer process with no additional application or fee. For more information contact the Academic Advising Center.

Student Grievance Policy

Any student who feels that his/her rights have been violated may file a grievance following the procedure below. In the case of a grievance alleging discrimination based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or veteran status; the student may also report the conduct to the college’s Affirmative Action or Equity Officer and/or Title IX Coordinator. In the case of a grievance alleging discrimination, the college may also initiate an investigation and take appropriate steps including, but not limited to, referring the matter to the appropriate College Official for disciplinary action.

A. Prior to filing a grievance, the student is encouraged to meet with the individual who has allegedly violated his or her rights, e.g., instructor, staff member, or student, to resolve the issue informally.

B. If the issue cannot be resolved by pursuing the process in step A, or the individual elects not to resolve the matter informally as prescribed in step A, a formal grievance in writing must be submitted to:

  • The Vice President of Academic Affairs for grievances related to the instructional process (see college catalog or student handbook for separate process for Grade Change/Grade Appeal), or:
  • The Vice President of Student and Community Affairs for grievances not related to the instructional process

The grievance must be submitted within two weeks of the date the grievant knew or reasonably should have known, of the alleged violation. The grievance shall specify the right claimed to have been violated and state briefly the underlying facts.

C. The Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA) or Student and Community Affairs (VPSCA), or designee, will meet with the individual alleged to have violated the student’s rights. The VPAA/VPSCA, or designee, may attempt to resolve the issue informally at this stage. If resolution is not possible and the VPAA/VPSCA or designee determines that the grievance alleges facts which if true constitute a violation of the student’s rights and has been timely filed, the matter will be forwarded to the Judicial Advisor who convene the Judicial Committee within two weeks of the receipt of the formal grievance. If the VPAA/VPSCA or designee determines that the grievance does not state a violation of the student’s rights or is untimely, the VPAA/VPSCA will provide a written explanation to the student and the matter will be considered resolved at that point.