Don’t Let Finances Be a Barrier to Your Education

Let us help

Contact NCC Financial Aid Office

[email protected]


Tuition & Fees*NCC

Average NH
Public 4-Year
Average NH
Per Credit$215/$490$508/$917$1,361

Average Aid Package

(may include grants, loans & scholarships)


*Data from, updated April 2020

Start your Bachelor’s at NCC

Through 2+2 agreements with 4-year colleges and universities, students can complete the first 2 years of their bachelor’s at NCC, then transfer credits to complete a bachelor’s degree. It’s an easy way to save money and get the degree you want.

Financial Aid Office Location

The Admissions Suite in Streeter Hall, Room 156
Office Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Tuesday, Thursday 8 AM – 6:00 PM
(603) 578-8903
(603) 883-1636
[email protected]

Complete the FAFSA by going to or .

ϲվ Federal School Code: 009236

NCC has Priority Deadlines for Financial Aid – To have aid in place by payment due date, apply by the deadline.


Summer: 3rd Monday of April

Fall: 3rd Monday of July

Spring: 3rd Monday of December


A guide for early college financial planning


Information to help students find scholarships


Information for alternative finance options


Frequently asked questions for student loan refunds

As a service to current or prospective students and current or prospective employees, and in accordance with the disclosure and reporting requirements of the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), NCC has designed this page to provide quick access to important consumer information.CLICK HERE.

The College is well aware of the financial burden of meeting college costs. The Financial Aid Office at NCC encourages students to apply for assistance. Assistance is available in the form of scholarships, grants, loans, and work study. Federal, state, and private scholarship funds are often limited. Applications with the greatest financial need receive first consideration for assistance. Applications should be filed by May 1 each year to receive consideration for state grants.

The first step in applying for financial aid is for the student and, if applicable, his/her parent or his/her spouse, to complete the. The school code for ϲվ is 009236. Please allow 1-2 weeks for the results of your processedto be sent to the College. Upon receipt of your processed FAFSA, the Financial Aid Office will contact you if additional information is required.

Requirements of an applicant each academic year for him/her to be awarded financial aid:

  1. Completion of the financial aid application process;
  2. Admission to an associate degree or a certificate program that is financial aid eligible;
  3. Be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen;
  4. Be registered with the Selective Service if male between the ages of 18 and 25;
  5. Not owe a refund on a grant or be in default on any federal student loan;
  6. Not have borrowed in excess of the annual or aggregate federal loan limits;
  7. Demonstrate financial need as determined by federal and/or state guidelines;
  8. Enrollment in a minimum of six (6) credits per semester. The Pell Grant may be awarded to students with extremely low expected family contribution (EFC) who are enrolled in three (3) credits per semester;
  9. Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) according to the guidelines; and
  10. Reapply every academic year.

has detailed information on all federal student aid.

Federal Direct Loan Program

Requirements: A student must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credits to be eligible for these programs. The amount a student may borrow may not exceed the cost of attendance minus other assistance (or, for subsidized loans, other assistance plus the EFC). All Students must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Loan Entrance Counseling (LEC) atunder ‘Complete Aid Process.’

Direct Subsidized Loans

These loans are subsidized by the federal government for students who demonstrate financial need. Subsidized means the student is not responsible for payment of accrued interest during periods of at least half time enrollment [six (6) credits or more]. Repayment begins six (6) months after graduation, withdrawal, or when enrolment drops below six (6) credits.

Unsubsidized Stafford Loans

These loans are not subsidized by the federal government and are not based on financial need. Unsubsidized means the student is responsible for payment of accrued interest during periods of at least half time enrollment although actual payment can usually be deferred. Repayment begins six (6) months after graduation, withdrawal, or when enrollment drops below six (6) credits.

There are Federal Direct Student Loan limits. Students who qualify may borrow the following to complete an undergraduate degree:
  • Dependent Students up to $31,000 of which only $23,000 can be subsidized;
  • Independent Students up to $57,500 of which only $23,000 can be subsidized.
These loans are offered by various lenders to assist parents and students meet educational expenses. Such funds may assist families that do not qualify for or need to supplement other forms of financial aid. Information is available at
Federal work study opportunities exist both on and off the NCC campus. Hourly wages range from $12.00 to $13.00 per hour. On-campus jobs are available throughout the campus. Off-campus jobs are available throughout the local Nashua area in non-profit agencies. Students must provide their own transportation. Additional information is available through the Financial Aid Office.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) The Financial Aid office is required by federal regulations to periodically review financial aid recipients to ensure that they are making satisfactory academic progress towards the completion of his/her program of study. Satisfactory academic progress (SAP) for financial recipients is measured by both qualitative and quantitative standards and is an assessment of a student’s cumulative academic record while in attendance at the College. .

Have your finances changed?

You may qualify for more Financial Aid. See details on re-.

Federal Pell Grant

The Federal Pell Grant is a federally funded program that assists students who demonstrate financial need with the actual costs of attending college. A Pell Grant is considered “gift money” that does not have to be repaid. To qualify for a Pell Grant, you must be an undergraduate student who does not already have a bachelor degree. Awards are granted on a sliding scale ranging from $311 to $6,195 and are based on the expected family contribution (EFC) determined by the FAFSA.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

FSEOG is a federal grant made available to students who demonstrate exceptional financial need. The FSEOG is considered “gift money” that does not have to be repaid. To qualify for FSEOG, you must have Pell Grant eligibility, however, all students who receive the Pell Grant will not receive FSEOG.

Massachusetts and Vermont State Grants

The Massachusetts State Grant and the Vermont State Grant programs provide grants for their respective residents attending a college in his/her state or another state. Students must demonstrate financial need. Massachusetts residents must submit theby May 1 of each year to be considered.


WIOA, or the, is a federal program that helps unemployed job seekers find training and employment opportunities.

SNAP Benefits

You may qualify fordepending on your household size, income, expenses, and resources.

See if you qualify for the.

Granite Advantage Healthcare Program

Hosted by the Department of Health and Human Services, the Granite Advantage Healthcare Program replaced the NH Health Protection Program, seee. Visit theto Services page to view other benefits, such as childcare and tuition funds through.


Dependent Students (except students whose parents cannot borrow a PLUS loan) who qualify, may borrow the following per academic year:

  • Freshmen (0-30 credits earned) up to $5,500 of which only $3,500 can be subsidized;
  • Sophomore (31+ credits earned) up to $6,500 of which only $4,500 can be subsidized.

Independent Students and Dependent Students whose parents cannot borrow PLUS who qualify may borrow the following per academic year:

  • Freshmen (0-30 credits earned) up to $9,500 of which only $3,500 can be subsidized;
  • Sophomore (31+ credits earned) upt to $10,500 of which only $4,500 can be subsidized.

The average loan debt for graduates is $6,123.

Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) are loans made to parents of dependent undergraduate students. Parents may borrow up to the student’s cost of attendance less anticipated financial aid. Additional information is available through the Financial Aid Office or at .
Information is available on the Code of Conduct for lenders of Alternative/Private Loans by

Return of Financial Aid Funds (Return to Title IV)

Financial aid recipients who withdraw from all classes or stop attending classes prior to completing more than the 60% point in the semester may be required to repay all or a portion of the financial aid they received for that semester. Recipients may also be required to pay back, to the College, all or a portion of tuition charges.

Title IV funds are awarded to a student under the assumption that the student will attend school for the entire period for which the assistance is awarded. When a student ceases attendance, the student may no longer be eligible for the full amount of Title IV funds that the student was originally scheduled to receive. Please select for complete information.

The following is a sample Cost of Attendance (COA) constructed for a 9 month academic year with full time attendance (24 credit hours for the year) for a student living off campus.

Tuition (24 credit hours): $4,800

Room and Board: $13,329

Fees: $624

Books and Supplies: $1,400

Transportation: $2,467

Personal Expenses: $1,800

Total Sample Cost of Attendance: $24,420

Special Note:

CCSNH uses period based budgeting. A student’s COA is reviewed each semester. Full Time is (12+credits), Mixed is (6 –11 credits), and Less than half time is (less than 6 credits). However, if a student is enrolled for less than half time in a semester, their COA must be adjusted for that semester to exclude Personal Expenses and Room and Board. Additionally, when a student withdraws from a course or course(s), a review of COA is required and the COA may be modified.

Need helping doing a budget? Planning for your future? Managing your finances for after graduation?

Check out GradReady today! It’s a free tool for NCC students.